2019 Info Coming Soon
Use the form below if you’d like to contact us.
Despite the cold temps and snow, we thank all of the brave souls who made it out to the event. The snowfall during the end of the show, and during the fireworks, led to a magical moment that won’t soon be forgotten by anyone in attendance.
On behalf of The City of Austin, Event Production Services, and all of the bands, vendors, sponsors, and artists, we wish you a great 2018!! And a big thank you to The Austin Convention Center and Entercom Communications for their generous support of the event as presenting sponsors. It’s great to live in a place like Austin where Arts, culture, and music come together so seamlessly. Thank you again to the City of Austin for hosting this end of year bash for the people of the greater Austin area.
We can’t wait to see you next year! Stay tuned on social media for updates about ANY19. Again, happy new year and the best to all of your in 2018!
Ladies and Gentleman, your ANY2018 Production Team. Without these dedicated folks, there would be no event.
For immediate release: Oct. 12, 2017
Contact: Communications and Public Information Office (512) 974-2220
It’s not to early to start making plans to ring in the new year right here in Austin, especially with the show-stopping headliners scheduled to take the stage at Austin’s New Year 2018.
Austin’s New Year line-up includes:
Brownout, Ian Moore Band, Tomar and The FCs, and
The annual alcohol-free celebration will showcase a variety of art, food trucks and live music on three stages.
Other confirmed musical acts include:
Charlie Faye & The Fayettes, Money Chicha, Jane Ellen Bryant, The Watters, Kalu & The Electric Joint, and James Junius
A call for community musicians, performers, entertainers is now underway. Learn more about how to submit a proposal to perform at the event and find information on vendor opportunities at: http://austinsnewyear.com/
Austin’s New Year begins at 3 p.m. at Vic Mathias Shores (formerly Auditorium Shores), South 1st Street and Riverside Drive, with a fireworks finale at 10 p.m.
City seeks proposals to showcase local talent at Austin’s New Year Celebration
The City of Austin invites area artists and arts organizations to present proposals for this year’s Austin’s New Year celebration.
Austin’s New Year is a free, family-friendly, alcohol free New Year’s Eve event held at Vic Mathias Shores (formerly Auditorium Shores) in Downtown Austin.
The event provides an exceptional opportunity to showcase Austin’s dynamic and diverse creative community to an audience of approximately 20,000 people.
Local musicians, artists, and community performers are encouraged to submit proposals for consideration.
Information about the event:
Theme: Family-friendly downtown, alcohol-free New Year’s Eve event
Where: Vic Mathias Shores and adjacent areas
When: December 31, 2018. Program begins at 5:00pm and ends with fireworks shortly after 10:00pm.
Who we are looking for: ANY Austin area artist or arts organization including visual and performing artists, musicians, performers, interactive entertainment artists, and others.
What we are looking for: A variety of creative, family-friendly musical and artistic performances, workshops, activities, and visual art installations on the grounds of Auditorium Shores. Possible proposals include, but are not limited to:
- Musical individuals and groups.
- Performing Artists such as actors, jugglers, storytellers, dancers, fire dancers, hula-hoopers, aerial performance, illustrators, spray can artists or other visual artists who produce work on the spot, elaborate costumes and other festive performances.
- Temporary interactive art installations, especially those which feature light or sound.
Anticipated attendance: approximately 20,000+
All Austin’s New Year showcase proposals must be submitted to email@example.com by 09/28/2018 and need to include the following:
- Contact information – Please designate a single point of contact within your group or organization and include that person’s contact info including name, phone number and email address.
- A written narrative – Describe who you are and the project that you or your arts organization would like to present during the New Year’s Eve program. Be sure to address the important questions of what will be happening; what visuals, musical elements or performances you will incorporate; how many people will be participating; what your technical needs will be, and how your work will engage the community of Austin. Be detailed, be realistic and keep it short and sweet. (1 page maximum)
- A detailed budget – Include everything that you would need to execute your project. The City is working with limited resources and conservative proposed project budgets are encouraged.
An artist or arts organizations may submit more than one proposal for consideration. City staff will review the proposal submissions, and the selection of projects will be based on artistic merit, feasibility, compatibility with other selected projects, and budget. The number of submissions will be determined based on available City funding for programming. Once selected, artists may seek underwriters for their selected project with the final approval from the City of Austin.
The City of Austin will hold an informational meeting to discuss submission details.
ANY Artist/Entertainer Information Meeting
Date: Monday, September 21
Time: 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Location: Austin City Hall (301 W 2nd Street)
2nd Floor, Conference Room 2016
We hope that you will consider sharing your artistry and time with us as we welcome in the 2018 New Year where ANYthing is possible.
For questions about the event or the request for proposal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ride Sharing / Cabs / Drop offs & Pick-Ups
The designated rideshares off/pick up will be located at the One Texas Center (OTC), 505 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas 78704. You may enter the parking lot through South First Street or Haywood Avenue. OTC is one block from the event.